Video SDK plans for Q2 2022
The following major improvements were made available in the previous release (18.104.22.16805):
- Decoding: increased frame accuracy and a lot of decoding fixes in CPU and GPU modes.
- Encoding: increased encoding speed.
- WebRTC: added alpha streaming in GPU pipeline.
- YouTube: updated source handler.
- SCTE-35: improvements in video format conversions.
- Improved WPF stability.
- Corrected playlist duration in case of Playlist count > 100.
- NVIDIA decoder: High Profile support.
- Different memory leak fixes in Mixer, Playlist, MFile/MFReader.
The full release notes can be found here.
The following tasks are in progress:
- Adding Twitch video handler.
- Different fixes in HLS encoding.
- SCTE-35 improvements.
- GPU decoding and GPU pipeline frame allocation problem fix.
Finally, we are working on a large refactoring task
- Preview performance improvement.
- Internal statistics performance improvement.
- Growing files playback performance improvement.
- Performance logging & measurement.
We will continue to work on the beta version of the new WebRTC implementation, HLS markers (HLS insertion into m3u8), SCTE-104 insertion, as well as performance refactoring tasks and improvements on different levels of the SDK.